Monday, September 18, 2006

Certificate of Personnel Practice

I have just received my certificate in the post. I am now an Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, so there!

I am of course quite chuffed.

When I went off to college, in September last year, I was nervous really, I could not remember how long it was since I last wrote an essay or submitted a project, probably nearly 20 years. But I needn't have worried, they were a great group of people in my class (at Liverpool Community College) and we supported each other through every step.

Although the course ended in June, five of us have stayed friends and are continuing to support each other through finding new jobs, writing CVs, moving house, beginning new relationships, the dramas of football and all sort of other things.

Even at the grand old age of 41 I can recommend studying, you make new friends and you enhance your cv and your promotion prospects and best of all you feel good about yourself.

But if I were you I would try to avoid standing as a candidate and running a full campaign for a key council election during the same period, I was practically on my knees at times!

A smug woman signing off.....

No comments: