Sunday, April 01, 2007

A great meal to celebrate Lisa's birthday

I forgot to mention Lisa's birthday meal on March 28th

A group of us went to Piccolinos on Cook Street, central Liverpool for a great meal.

Six of us had two courses each and not one of those 12 dishes was a disappointment, it was great food and great company.

(Mind you, four meals out, four nights running has left me rather "dined-out")

I wrote in her card that I hoped that she was now fully cognisant with the meaning of life, but for those of you that are befuddled, here follows an extract from Wikipedia.

The Answer to The Ultimate Question Of Life, the Universe and Everything is a fictional solution in Douglas Adams's series The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. In the story, the Ultimate Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything is sought using the hypercomputer Deep Thought. It produced the Answer (after a very long computation time — 7.5 million years) however the computer was insufficiently powerful to provide the Ultimate Question to match the answer of "42."

I can of course say these cheeky things, because as she herself pointed out, for at least the next five months she is once again older than me!

It was a lovely evening, beautifully finished off by learning that England had managed a good result against Andorra - but not as good as we managed in September last year which if I my memory is right was a marvellous 5-nil

We celebrate our 29th anniversary as friends in a fortnight's time. I think that is really special. I remember when I was 30 and Lisa came to my house in Stockton along with my Mum and her friend Jean to share the day with me. I think Mum and Jean were celebrating something like their 45th year of friendship at that time.

At 20 years we had a short break in Amsterdam, at 30 years we fancy Berlin.

How lucky I am that my friend and I are still so close both geographically and fundamentally.

Raising a glass to you Lisa on your birthday, have a great year, you deserve it.

No comments: