Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The verb associated with DVDs

Here is a bit of a tester for you.

Earlier today I recalled that I had been otherwise engaged on Saturday night, going for a Indian at the Millon with friends, to watch Doctor Who.

My boss Elaine was telling me all about what a great episode it was and that the face of Boe said something very interesting that I would want to hear. Anyway, I digress.

I sent Colin an email asking him if he had captured this episode on disc and whether I could borrow it.

I realised I don’t know the proper verb for this activity.

You "video" things on a video, or "tape" things on a tape, but "DVDing" something just doesn't sound right.

What do you say?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

burning id say louise

you "burn" a DVD

Louise Baldock said...

Oh I dont know, I dont want to be going round saying "could you burn Doctor Who for me please"!!

Suzanne said...

Just say record and then it covers all :0)

Anonymous said...

I still say "tape" even when I am asking for a CD to be put on!

Catherine Ingham said...

I agree with Suzanne. Steve regularly asks me to 'record' something for him.
x