Sunday, November 18, 2007

Kath and Eileen's weekend visit

My Stockton on Tees friends, Kath and Eileen came to stay over the weekend and I gave them a taste of the city in my Ambassadorial role. I showed them round Kensington and Fairfield, explaining the issues and the priorities. We had a trip to Crosby to see the Anthony Gormley statues, the tide was very far out and we could see right out to the furthest away man.

We had a bit of a trip round the city centre and looked at some of the civic buildings. We had a meal out at Amber on Rose Lane, 2 courses each and drinks for £25.It is a wine bar and bistro and has not been open long. Glamorous interior and very good service from the waiting staff, I was suprised we managed to get a table really, I shall go again.

This afternoon they came with Wendy and me to McDonalds on Kensington to have a taster session doing a test transmission for tomorrow's radio show.

(We are nervous but really looking forward to it, fingers crossed.)

It was lovely to see them both, come back soon

No comments: