Thursday, November 29, 2007

Kensington Regeneration Neighbourhood Services Task Group

I have been very sorry to miss the last three meetings of the NSTG as they clashed with full council (where all 90 councillors come together in the Town Hall very six weeks), which I am obliged to attend.

However this meeting for once did not.

It did clash with the neighbourhood event designed to replace the State of the City debate, but with Wendy able to attend the latter, I was pleased to go to the former.

An hour and a half on matters arising, if that doesn't show what a lot of work there is still to do in cleaning up the New Deal Neighbourhood then I dont know what does.

I came away as usual with a list of jobs, but with a lift in my heart that so many people come together to sort these things out, lots of residents and lots of residents and partners. Heart warming really, I love the task groups, they are the best part of Kenny Regen.

Bernie Hunt asked me to thank all those councillors who were involved in the successful application for Kensington Fields - a victorian terraced estate - to become a conservation area.

No comments: