Monday, March 31, 2008

Environment Regulatory Committee

I had a training session this afternoon for this committee which is quite new to me.

We learnt that one of the powers we have as a committee concerns closing hot-food take-aways and got very excited - I only have to look at the madness that is Kensington and Prescot Road to see how "out of hand" it has all become. However it appears that the powers are about closing times rather than closing down. We can apparently limit opening hours up to midnight. This power is very much new to me and I have asked for further information and clarification. There is at least one take-away that I would have shut down at midnight, if not altogether, so I am very intersted to learn more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Careful - if it is anything like planning and you have made representations in the past you may not be able to take part.

Louise Baldock said...

Yes, I might not be able to sit in on the meeting that makes the decision if I submit the application. Unless Wendy submitted it instead of course?