Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Venture Housing Assocation Board meeting

I had my first VHA Board meeting today and came away the new Chair of the Scrutiny Committee!

It was all very interesting, learning about the Assocation and meeting the other board members, but there was a real note of sadness as our Board Chairman, Bill Hughes, died last week suddenly and unexpectedly. I only met him once, for my interview to be considered for the board and he was very warm and engaging and obviously very knowledgeable about the association and about social housing. He was telling me about his history in the area and his assocation with the orphanage. I was looking forward to meeting him again and working with him.

There is obviously an awful lot to get my teeth into and I hope I can do them justice.

No comments: