Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Black History Month Black Achievers Awards


I did say in an earlier entry that I wanted to say something about the black achievers' awards at the fabulous night out at the Crowne Plaza last month.

I had a wonderful time, sitting with LCC staff, Andrew Nembhard and his wife Liz who works for one of our RSLs, and some of his staff from the Equality and Diversity Unit at LCC, Peter Cosgrove another lead officer from LCC and various engaging friends and relatives.

We even managed to dance, now what more could you ask for from a night out than good company, good food and a dance?

I was most particularly thrilled though when my friend Siddi Majuba won an award for Sports in the Community for his work with Liver World.

I am showing a photo of me and Siddi with Judith Greensmith, the High Sheriff of Merseyside, which we had taken at the occasion of the 90th birthday celebrations for Nelson Mandela in the Town Hall.

I am so proud of him and all the great work he does, he is truly (albeit the self-proclaimed) the new Duke of Kensington

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is steve, I live in Holand, and I'm so impress about the good work of siddi Majubah in Liverpool who happens to be a Sierra Leonean i know. He is definately one in a million.