Thursday, November 27, 2008

Your community matters - Kensington and Fairfield

I think we had about 80 people at our Your Community Matters event at St Francis of Assisi Academy this month. Everyone really enjoyed it - from the bowl of scouse or vegetable curry through to the free draw for a ceramic superlambanana! We had a good mixed community representation, young and old, black and white, men and women, and local resident Natalie from the OBV scheme even brought her baby in his pushchair. The feedback from youth services, the police and neighbourhood management services was good, lots of progress on issues raised last time (Larry Murphy from LCC came in to give his feedback despite being on holiday, so thanks to him). I'm thinking I missed one, who was it? Residents came up with some good issues for the next quarter. I find them really useful events and we always get new faces there.

I did the feedback for the items that don't quite fit into the main themes, having taken forward the action points myself. I have not yet been able to put together the leaflet advertising community space but I live in hope - I am just waiting for the organisations to feed me their details so that I can do it.

No comments: