Thursday, March 05, 2009

Marital strife on Tweeter?

Are you a twitterer? Do you tweet? I have just started twittering, and unlike Facebook, you can sign up to "follow" anyone and you see all their status "updates". There is nothing else to it, you can post an update and comment on other people's updates, and that is the extent of Twitter.

There are only a tiny few councillors in Liverpool City Council who are tweeting. Me, Erica and Richard Kemp, Colin Eldridge and apparently Paul Twigger although I am not yet following him.

The following entries were on my Twitter today, I thought you would find them interesting. Just imagine, two councillors, married to each other, two computers, or perhaps blackberries, first of all in different places, then at home in different rooms, a husband on one, a wife on the other... now read on.

cllrkemp Good budget meeting last night. Budget through safely. New Labour twaddle on CRB checks defeated - local banking motion carried!

cllrkemp Now off to do recession press conference with Vince, Lucy Watt and Keith Moffitt. Wish me luck
about 12 hours ago from web

cllrkemp Conference Done. Now dealing with Press enquiries.
about 11 hours ago from web

CllrEKemp Back from delivering leaflets, cold, wet & with mushy leaflets. Typical the sun has started shining!
about 7 hours ago from web

CllrEKemp Drowning in work and e-mails before conference. Richard home - quality time together? No he's asleep!
about 5 hours ago from web

CllrEKemp @cllrkemp Oi! Stop Twittering and come and say hello to your wife - remember me?
about 2 hours ago from web in reply to cllrkemp

cllrkemp Back home and have been harangued twice already and had to go out for chips for tea! No wonder i spend so much time in London.
about 2 hours ago from web

cllrkemp http://twitpic.com/1v7oh - A piccie of our back yard to show its nearly SPRING!
about 2 hours ago from TwitPic

CllrEKemp @cllrkemp Right that's it! I'm not cooking for you again until you apologise - publicly. Yes I know you are not in for dinner for 6 days.
about 2 hours ago from web in reply to cllrkemp


cllrkemp
Last tweet before I go and grovel. ingridk has asked me to join an IDeA on line conference on social netwroking. Yes I will - a first.
about 2 hours ago from web

7 comments:

scouseboy said...

Sounds like a couple of twits twittering!!!

Anonymous said...

Louise this is bang out of line.

Louise Baldock said...

I thought it was mildly humorous myself.

There was certainly no malice intended, just a bit of harmless leg-pulling.

If you know Twitter then you will know that you type what you type in the expectation that and for the purpose of being "followed". It is not meant to replace email as a means of communication between people, but shows the world what you are up to. If people dont want to see their entries commented upon then it is best not to make any.

Anonymous said...

Okay then we'll call your post, malicious at worst and stupid at best then?

Louise Baldock said...

Definitely not malicious, I sit with Erica in a room on our own on a regular basis, I have not an ounce of malice in my heart for her. I am not a fan of Richard Kemp and he knows fully why that is, but that is between him and me, and nobody else.
No, I stand by what I said, I thought this was comical, and unless you have your head up your ass, you will too.

Anonymous said...

That is a bit rich coming from the party who dedicate a whole blog to malice against Louise

Anonymous said...

Louise shows malice for every Lib Dem there is, see above blog post for example.