Thursday, May 21, 2009

Congratulations to Beatrice and Tim

I should have written this before, but I have been busy with other things since last weekend. I want to personally congratulate Beatrice Fraenkel on becoming the new Labour Group Spokeswoman for Ethical Governance. I know she is an expert in this area and she made a very good contribution on her first outing on our front bench at the AGM on Tuesday, in the debate about the appointment of school governors. A big hug to you Beatrice, I am looking forward to working with you on this important topic and sharing my thoughts and ideas with you, and hearing more about your own.

And secondly, I want to congratulate Tim Moore, who I have been mentoring this year, for his promotion into a senior Labour position, by becoming our new Policy Convenor. I really enjoyed my two years in this post but felt it was time to move on to something different. I really need to concentrate on the Community Cohesion agenda now which is simply massive and very time consuming. I am sure you will enjoy the work Tim, I am very proud of you and will always be there to offer any advice or support if you need them in the future.

No comments: