Friday, May 08, 2009

May Day - International Workers Day

I realise that I have not said anything about our party last week to celebrate International Workers Day. Liverpool Labour Party invited friends and supporters to join us at the Devonshire House Hotel for a night out. A hot pot supper, speech by John Prescott as part of his Go Fourth tour, and then some really lovely music from John O'Connell.

Wendy, Liam and I invited lots of our friends from Kensington and Fairfield and filled two tables.

It was absolutely heaving, totally packed out. Both Johns were great too and everyone had a lovely time. It is sometimes hard to get my head round, as I watch the national party suffer and struggle, that Labour in Liverpool is so buoyant.

The hot pot was fab too, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Liam took loads of photos so hopefully I can persuade him to let me have a few to share with you.

No comments: