Monday, April 11, 2011

Liverpool's new Dog Hotline

There's is a great new dedicated phone line for reporting the following problems:


Dog fouling
Nuisance dog barking
Dogs running stray

The dog hotline number is 0151 233 3022

Staff answering these calls will have extra information on how to tackle these problems so that the council's response will be 'smarter'. We'll also be able to collect better intelligence about where there are particular hotspots that need extra attention.

Issues relating to dog fighting or dangerous breeds need to be reported to the police on 0151 709 6010 or 0800 555 111.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about a dog owner hotline for how to deal with people who abuse us dog walkers? I can't count on 2 hands the number of times I've been accosted by people about picking up dog poo when my dog has only stopped to sniff at a wall!!! On one occasion, I had a filled dog poo bag from literally a couple of seconds before that i'd cleaned up after my dog, someone pulled up in their car, jumped out and got all aggressive with me about people not picking up their dog poo! I'd picked it up, WTF!!! Another occasion my dog squatted down so I pulled a bag out of my pocket ready to pick it up and before my dog had even finished her job some woman came racing out of her house screaming at me. Was I supposed to stick my hand under my dogs butt and catch it as it was dropping?

I honestly get annoyed myself when I am walking my dogs and have to dodge other people dogs droppings but just because I'm walking dogs does not mean that the piece of crap on the floor which I've just dodged was dropped by my dogs! So please if you are reporting this behaviour make sure you accuse the right irresponsible dog owners!