Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Refounding Labour part I

Following on from our terrible 2010 General Election results (most of the NW aside), the leader of the Labour Party, Ed Miliband and his champion, Peter Hain, have launched Refounding Labour, a discussion document intended to focus LP members' minds on the battle ahead for the support of a greater number of the electorate.





















I will have much more to say about this in due course (indeed I am leading a discussion with Liverpool West Derby on Friday night) but in the meantime, I would like to share this blog that I was sent by Harry Barnes, lovely MP for NE Derbyshire until 2005 and now at Dronfield Labour Party.

It would be helpful if interested party members would read it and comment to Harry, rather than me. I don't profess to agree with all the content, but in the interest of sharing and enhancing the debate, I leave it here for your consideration.

Photo: I am loving this picture which illustrates Harry's blog, he cannot have known about our own dear Widow Twanky in Liverpool Wavertree, so it is particularly delicious to include it here.

1 comment:

Catherine Ingham said...

I was in Dronfield Labour Party from about 1973 - 78 and knew Harry before he was even an MP. He and his wife used to be in the same baby sitting circle!